As part of this study a survey of refrigeration maintenance strategies in the food industry has been performed.
A number of refrigeration maintenance issues have been identified:
- Maintenance is predominantly reactive
- Little or no planned maintenance activities
- Costs of maintenance (planned or unplanned) are not recorded
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) data are not recorded
- 25% of maintenance is outsourced
- Many operators lack basic skills in maintenance activities
- There is no clear route to maintenance development activity in most companies
- Energy consumption is not recorded
- Space utilisation is poor which leads to increased running costs (including maintenance costs)
Food Refrigeration and Process Engineering Research Centre (FRPERC), Grimsby Institute (GIFHE), Nuns Corner Campus, Laceby Road, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire. DN34 5BQ. UK.
Tel: +44 (0)1472 315522 / 315565 | Email: email@example.com