Higher Education Work Based and Learning Pre Placement Guide
You have now started your Higher Education Foundation Degree, what to do now in terms of your Pre Placement?
- You need to complete either the AUTHORISATION FORM or the LOOKING FORM siutuate on the repository page, if you are already in a placement for example you are using your workplace then complete the CONTACT FORM. If not you need to complete the LOOKING FORM to make us aware that you do not have a placement and you are looking for one RETURN THIS TO THE WBL TEAM (email@example.com)
- Once you have completed and returned the AUTHORISATION FORM all necessary steps will be undertake to enable you to start, this includes health & safety, DO NOT START your placement until you have been advised to do so.
- YOU MUST ALSO ensure you are familiar with your placement handbook.
- Once your visit has been arranged YOU MUST complete the Visit 1 report and give this to the Placement Officer when they arrive at your visit, you must complete your part of this.
- You will receive a second visit towards the end of your placement in which case you need to complete the 2nd visit report.
- A review and evaluation form will be sent our to your placement at the end.
- If you do not have a placement you must continue to seek one and follow the steps above once you have.
- YOU MUST KEEP IN REGULAR CONTACT WITH YOUR TUTOR AND THE WBL TEAM
All paperwork including practice learning handbooks are available in the repository section for each programme you must download this and complete the relevant details, you must also use this to record hours, mentor meetings etc.